- Added May 4, 2016 | Last Update Jun 7, 2022
- 2230 Fourth Avenue North
Birmingham, AL 35203
Open in Google Maps
- (205) 323-4277
"Our mission is to work with homeless women and their children to create hospitality in a safe and nurturing community, to encourage them to maintain dignity, to find hope, to seek opportunity, and to grow spiritually, thereby achieving their full potential."
- Source: Emergency Shelter and Services for Women and Children at First Light website
First Light Women Children's Shelter and Services provides:
- Emergency Shelter
- Overflow Emergency Shelter
5 supportive housing programs:
- 1 for women with severe mental illness
- 1 for women with disabling conditions
- 2 for women who have been chronically homeless
- 1 for women who became homeless as a result of domestic violence.
All their supportive housing participants are former emergency shelter guests who qualified for these programs.