About this Shelter
The Homeless Empowerment Program (HEP) is a nonprofit organization that
is recognized as one of the largest and most comprehensive homeless
shelters in Tampa Bay.
HEP is able to provide a variety of needed support services.
Mission Statement: HEP is a registered 501(c)(3) charitable organization. Since 1986, our Mission has been to provide homeless and low-income families and individuals, including Veterans, with housing, food, clothing, and support services necessary to obtain self-sufficiency and improved quality of life.
- Men are welcome.
- Women are welcome.
- Children are welcome.
- Teenage children are welcome.
- Senior citizens are welcome.
- Families are welcome.
- Shelter has a food pantry.
- Shelter serves hot meals.
- Provides emergency shelters.
- Provides transitional shelters.
- Provides supportive housing.
- Has special services for veterans.
- Provides services for case management.
- Provides counseling.