- Added Nov 16, 2020 | Last Update Jun 1, 2022
- 214 Union Street
Watsonville, CA 95076
Open in Google Maps
- (831) 724-0948
"The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination."
- Source: Family Shelter Services at Salvation Army Watsonville website
The Salvation Army Watsonville Corps serves those in need on daily basis through other social service programs:
- The Corner House, an 18-bed permanent housing facility dedicated to serving single mothers in drug and alcohol recovery.
- A daily meal program, providing breakfast and dinners to those in need.
- Emergency assistance through the Family Services Department.
As support allows, the Family Services Department will also provide homeless prevention services and bus passes.
Seasonal assistance is provided to bring some extra joy to a low income individual or family during the holiday season.
As available, Thanksgiving and Christmas meals are provided, and Christmas toys are distributed to children.
Spiritual counseling and fellowship programs are offered through the Watsonville Corps, in addition to Sunday worship services.