About this Shelter
They offer a continuum of services from crisis to the establishment of a violence-free life.
Their programs include:
- 24-Hour Crisis Hotline, with trained domestic violence counselors, available any time of the day or night to offer emotional support, referrals, and crisis intervention
- 30 bed Emergency Shelter, in a confidential location for families fleeing abuse (90 day maximum stay) with comprehensive case management and support services
- Counseling Services, offered individually on a sliding fee scale basis (free for shelter clients), and free drop-in support groups
- Children's Program, where professionals work closely with children in our residential programs to heal the traumatic effects of living with violence
- Community Services, to impart violence prevention and intervention through medical outreach and advocacy, community education(including a 40 hour Domestic Violence Counselor Certification Training), and Teen Dating Violence Prevention Program for high school students
- Community Oriented Prevention Service Program (COPS), a partnership between SAVE and local police departments which works to prevent and reduce domestic violence early in the cycle, and provides services to victims and their children.
- Temporary Restraining Order (TRO) Clinic, providing domestic violence victims with legal assistance and court accompaniment on site at Fremont and Hayward Superior Courts, Hayward and San Leandro Police Departments, and at SAVE's Community Office.
Mission Statement: SAVE's mission is to strengthen every individual and family we serve with the knowledge and support needed to break the cycle of violence and build healthier lives.