About this Shelter
Wayside Christian Mission continues to serve as one of Louisville's main safety nets, Wayside Christian Mission tackles the root causes of homelessness using a proven holistic approach.
Alcoholism, substance abuse, domestic violence, mental illness, and a lack of education and/or vocational skills are among the leading causes of homelessness.
By addressing the primary causes of homelessness in a nurturing, caring environment, those bound by poverty and addiction have been able to return to the community as sober, self-supporting citizens.
- Men are welcome.
- Women are welcome.
- Children are welcome.
- Teenage children are welcome.
- Senior citizens are welcome.
- Families are welcome.
- Shelter has a food pantry.
- Shelter serves hot meals.
- Provides emergency shelters.
- Provides transitional shelters.
- Provides long term shelters.
- Provides supportive housing.
- Is faith based.
- Has special services for veterans.
- Provides help for domestic violence cases.
- Provides services for case management.
- Provides counseling.
- Provides medical assistance.
- Provides mental health counseling.
- Provides assistance with addiction.