- Added Oct 1, 2018 | Last Update Jun 7, 2022
- 46 Park Street
Montclair, NJ 07042
Open in Google Maps
- (973) 746-1400
"We seek to keep homeless families together by helping them become stable and self-sufficient so they can secure permanent housing and sustain a lasting home. "
- Source: Family Homeless Shelter and Services at Family Promise of Essex County website
Interfaith Hospitality Network of Essex County (IHN), an affiliate of Family Promise, provides shelter, direct services, and housing assistance for homeless families.
Over 60 area congregations participate in a network to provide temporary overnight shelter and meals.
IHN also helps:
- Families locate safe and affordable permanent housing
- Prepares adults to be self-sufficient
- Provides education and enrichment programs for children
- Offers follow-up services to families who have moved into housing to help them maintain stability and participate as active members of their communities.