About this Shelter
NESF was founded to offer both financial assistance and preventative services that would ensure that emergencies would not fracture the family structure.
NESF's service delivery system began as a trailblazing response to the great need for comprehensive social services in Newark during the early 1970's and has become a proven model throughout Essex County.
Mission Statement: To stabilize families and individuals in crisis, especially the working poor, homeless and those in financial need and provide them with financial support and life skills training to live on their own.
- Men are welcome.
- Women are welcome.
- Children are welcome.
- Teenage children are welcome.
- Senior citizens are welcome.
- Families are welcome.
- Shelter serves hot meals.
- Provides emergency shelters.
- Provides transitional shelters.
- Provides supportive housing.
- Has special services for veterans.
- Provides help for domestic violence cases.
- Provides services for case management.
- Provides medical assistance.
- Provides mental health counseling.