About this Shelter
If you are homeless or will become homeless in a matter of days,Â Home & Hope might be able to help.
To be eligible for assistance from Home & Hope, a family must:
- Â Â Â Be currently homeless or facing eviction within a week
- Â Â Â Be at least one adult and one dependent child in the custody of the adult
- Â Â Â Must currently reside in San Mateo County, California (on the San Francisco Peninsula, from Daly City in the north to East Palo Alto in the south)
- Â Â Â Be willing to participate in the program and follow all program rules
- Â Â Â Meet certain other criteria relating to addiction, criminal records, domestic violence, etc.
To enter Home & Hope's Sheltering Program, you will first need to contact one of Home & Hope's referral agencies. You should speak to a social worker at one of the referral agencies, and ask about Home & Hope. They can arrange an intake. If there are no current openings, or if you do not qualify for Home & Hope, they will be able to suggest temporary resources or other programs that can help you.
Mission Statement: Home & Hope’s mission is to provide a safe haven for homeless families to help them break the cycle of homelessness.