About this Shelter
MHSA operates 10 programs and various special initiatives, spread throughout the City of Boston and Metro Boston area.
MHSA's highly-trained staff offers a wide variety of services through various program models including:
- Substance abuse recovery homes
- Individual women's and men's homeless shelters
- Congregate and Scattered Site emergency family homeless shelters
- Inpatient alcohol education and treatment for adults with OUI convictions
- Stabilization services for formerly-homeless families
- Nutritional assistance programs for those in need of food
- Men are welcome.
- Women are welcome.
- Children are welcome.
- Teenage children are welcome.
- Senior citizens are welcome.
- Families are welcome.
- Shelter has a food pantry.
- Shelter serves hot meals.
- Provides emergency shelters.
- Provides transitional shelters.
- Provides long term shelters.
- Provides supportive housing.
- Has special services for veterans.
- Provides services for case management.
- Provides counseling.
- Provides medical assistance.
- Provides mental health counseling.
- Provides assistance with addiction.