- Added Mar 23, 2018 | Last Update Oct 8, 2021
- P.O. Box 1941
Bowling Green, KY 42102
Open in Google Maps
- (800) 928-1183
Provides a domestic violence, 26 bed shelter program. Provides emergency shelter and support services to victims of domestic violence and their children.
The Barren River Area Safe Space, Inc. is accredited by the Kentucky Domestic Violence Association, and was one of the first six Kentucky domestic violence shelters to form the Kentucky Coalition Against Domestic Violence.
The agency provides services to residents of the ten county Barren River Area Development District, and serves a large rural population.
Counties of service include Allen, Barren, Butler, Edmonson, Hart, Logan, Metcalfe, Monroe, Simpson and Warren.
BRASS, Inc. also accepts referrals from across the state and nation. Program services include:
- Emergency shelter
- Crisis intervention
- Two 24-hour crisis lines
- Comprehensive children's services
- Case management
- Individual and group support counseling
- Mental health counseling
- Homeless and housing advocacy
- Immigration and language advocacy
- Legal advocacy
- Agency advocacy
- Medical advocacy
- Emergency financial assistance
- USDA approved food pantry
- Federal feeding program
- Permanent Housing
- Financial literacy/economic justice program
- Rural Individual Development Account
- Income Tax Preparation
- Homeownership program
- Community awareness program
- Public education programs
- Professional trainings