About this Shelter
La Mesita Family Homeless Shelter is a 16-unit family shelter that provides services to help homeless families with minor-aged children.
It is a warm, safe, secure temporary home for families in crisis.
Temporary Emergency Shelter
- Case Management Focused on Permanent Housing Solutions
- Onsite Behavioral Health Services for Children
- Onsite Childcare through Headstart
- Access Point for Maricopa County Workforce Connections
- Provision of Basic Living Needs
La Mesita is the only family emergency shelter in the East Valley providing a broad array of services dedicated for homeless families and their children.
The first place to start is to call The Family Housing Hub at 602-595-8700.
Families will discuss shelter needs and be placed on the service priority list for shelter services.
Mission Statement: "Helping families...changing lives."
- Men are welcome.
- Women are welcome.
- Children are welcome.
- Teenage children are welcome.
- Senior citizens are welcome.
- Families are welcome.
- Shelter serves hot meals.
- Provides emergency shelters.
- Is faith based.
- Provides help for domestic violence cases.
- Provides services for case management.
- Provides counseling.